Mount Athos Area Organisation was founded in early 2010 at the initiative of representatives of the hotel and tourism family, from the third peninsula of Hakidiki, aiming to the touristic, cultural, financial enhancement/promotion of this area.
Nowadays has 75 members, and the members register has been enriched by businessmen who activate in various sectors, associating with tourism, culture, sports, trade, economy and development.
Basic goals of the Organisation are:
- the adjustment of the destination’s promotion based on the findings arising from the study of all trends developed in the tourism market,
- the promotion of the local products to the European markets and the entrance of destination through its products,
- the promotion of the local real estate, and
- the design-implementation of the plan so as to adjust them, having as aim the upgrade of the offered tourism product and to strengthen the tourism character of Athos area.
Apart from the promotion and the potential of the destination that provides to Greek and the European world, among other targets that involve the establishment of such an organisation are:
- its participation to national and community (co-funded) programs
These actions that the Organisation developed during its operation are being characterised by quality, professionalism, and of specific targets:
- Participation in international tourism fairs and tourism, gastronomy, promotion of local products road shows,
- Invite, contact and cooperate with tourism agents and press representatives,
- Brotherhoods with relevant agencies and organisations so as to strengthem relationships and actions,
- Promotional events to European cities and capitals with local products,
- Journalism tributes,
- Invite and contact with special groups (Consular corps).
The results are already obvious, measurable and very promising!
The cooperations of the Organisation are being characterised as selective trusted and made with recognisable local and national organisations since our initiative is based on solid foundations. With these thoughts and opinions, we the people we constitute the basis and the net of the local family development, we founded