Let yourselves go to the recreation of summer, this special celebration of the year, which in the Mt Athos area (as in all of Halkidiki) lasts six (6) whole months. In its beaches one can enjoy all the different kinds of summer vacation:
- In well-organized waterfronts, for those of you that prefer a more cosmopolitan atmosphere,
- In unexplored beaches for those that love adventure,
- In quiet beaches for those with families,
- In the numerous little bays for the hopelessly romantic.
- In organized camping areas, for the ones that love to travel by car or motor-home,
- In picturesque fishing villages, for those that are avid fishermen
You will worship, as do millions of travellers that vist the area every year, the crystal-blue seas, the golden beaches, the water sports, the games in the sand, the fishing villages, the traditional little ports basking in the Mediterranean sun, the sunsets along the seashore watching the Aegean sea and so much more.. You will swim at the 100 beaches of the area, from which the following have been certified with the international award of Blue Flag:
- Agiou Pavlou in Ierissos
- Alikes in Ammouliani
- Three (3) large beaches in Ierissos
- Kampos in Pyrgadikia
- Three (3) beaches in Kampoudi
- Two (2) beaches in Nea Roda
- Three (3) beaches in Ouranoupolis
- Porto Agio
- Stratoni beach
Visit Ammouliani, the unique inhabited island of Halkidiki, verdant, picturesque, in summer scenery, with beaches for every visitor! Take the ferries that depart from Tripiti every 15min during the whole summer season. The trip lasts 15 minutes, and the tickets cost 2,00€ for passengers and 10€ for automobiles. Larger vehicles cost more. It is advised that automobile owners show up at Tripiti half an hour before departure. (Ierissos Port Authority, Tel: +30 2377022666).
Do not miss explore Mt Athos bays, Gaidouronisia and all the marvelous beaches of Ammouliani, by renting boats (no license required) from: Konstantinos Bogris, www.watersports-centre.gr , email@example.com , tel. 0030 6977 918022 and Giorgos Lambou, Poseidon Water Sports, firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. 0030 6944 654530.