By Louloudia Alexiadou, chef of the hotel and restaurant Akrogiali, at Olympiada
- 1 octopus (preferably fresh and beaten)
- 3-4 big red onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tea cup olive oil
- ½ glass of cognac
- ½ glass of white wine
- ¼ glass of vinegar
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 2 – 3 bay leaves
- Some grains of pepper and allspice
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 4 sun-dried plums
- 4 sun-dried figs
- ½ tea cup of honey by Arnea Halkidiki
- Clean and wash the octopus. Boil in little water, with vinegar and black peppers until it gets softer. Strain and cut in small pieces.
- Sauté onion, garlic, allspice, pepper. Pour with wine, cognac and vinegar. Add fresh tomatoes and sugar. Then add the octopus in little water and boil for one hour in low temperature until it gets caramelized.
- Shortly before removed from heat, add the chopped peppers, figs, plums, and honey, and let soften in their steam.